You can now finally hear something I’ve been wanting to brag about for weeks:
A story of mine will be reprinted in the Apex Book of World SF 4.
Being in a reprint anthology was a reach-for-the-stars kind of goal for me, something I thought would be years away in my career as a writer. I’m honored, flabbergasted, excited, and, most of all, inspired to keep writing. Because above all else, this tells me that I have what it takes.
Thanks Laive Tidhar and Mahvesh Murad, for including me.
The cover and table of contents was revealed on Tor.com today (also… Tor.com! How cool is that?) so I guess I’m free to do that here as well.
Table of Contents:
- Kuzhali Manickavel — Six Thing We Found During The Autopsy
- Yukimi Ogawa — Town’s End
- Rocío Rincón Fernández — The Lady of the Soler Colony (Translated from the Spanish by James and Marian Womack.)
- Chinelo Onwualu — The Gift of Touch
- Deepak Unnikrishnan — Sarama
- Elana Gomel — The Farm
- Saad Z. Hossain — Djinns Live by the Sea
- Haralambi Markov — The Language of Knives
- Nene Ormes — The Good Matter (Translated from the Swedish by Lisa J Isaksson and Nene Ormes.)
- Samuel Marolla — Black Tea (Translated from the Italian by Andrew Tanzi.)
- Prathibha Nadeeshani Dissanayake — Jinki & the Paradox
- Marigi John — The Corpse
- Dilman Dila — How My Father a Became God
- Isabel Yap — A Cup of Salt Tears
- Swabir Silayi — Colour Me Grey
- Sabrina Huang — Setting Up Home (Translated from the Chinese by Jeremy Tiang.)
- Vajra Chandrasekera — Pockets Full of Stones
- Zen Cho — The Four Generations of Chang E
- Tang Fei — Pepe (Translated from the Chinese by John Chu.)
- Julie Novakova — The Symphony of Ice and Dust
- JY Yang — Tiger Baby (c) 2013. First published in In The Belly of the Cat
- Natalia Theodoridou — The Eleven Holy Numbers of the Mechanical Soul
- Thomas Olde Heuvelt — The Boy Who Cast No Shadow (Translated from the Dutch by Laura Vroomen.)
- Shimon Adaf — Like A Coin Entrusted in Faith (Translated from Hebrew by the Author.)
- Usman T. Malik — The Vaporization Enthalpy of a Peculiar Pakistani Family
- Johann Thorsson — First, Bite Just a Finger
- Bernardo Fernández — The Last Hours of The Final Days (Translated from the Spanish by the author.)
- Celeste Rita Baker — Single Entry
The anthology is available for pre-order for $12.95 for a few days (I don’t know how long) so if you are interested in what I feel a little weird calling the best in international science fiction and fantasy, grab it now.